It is a long established fact that a reade.
The College is ideally located in a sprawling campus of 26.82 Acres, in SALVAR PATTI Village, Sivakasi Taluk, and Viruthunagar – Dist. Well connected by buses from Sattur, Virudhunagar, Sivakasi, Kovil patti, Madurai, Thirunelveli, Rajapalayam, Srivilliputhur and Sankarankoil.
Sivakasi’s industries grew out of the economic struggles of India in the 1960s. Without government aid, the local people constructed matches, fireworks, and printing industries, paper industries, which today contribute 80 % of India’s total safety matches production, 90 % of India’s total fireworks production, and 60 % of India’s total offset printing solutions. It is one of the highest Sales/Excise/Customs Duty paying towns, and has achieved 100 % employment. Sivakasi may be called as “A town of three industries”, namely,Printing / Offset Printing Press,Pyrotechnics (Fireworks) & Crackers,Safety Matches & Colour Matches.
Sattur is well-known as a fountain pen nib manufacturing unit. It is probably the only place in India that continues to this date, in this line of business as a cottage industry . Other small scale cottage units like printing presses, fireworks are also present, scattered around the town.
A fairly large part of the population is involved in Matchstick manufacturing industry. Also, there are timber depots and raw material suppliers exclusively for the safety match and fireworks sectors in this area.
The demand for the Software industries, Electronics Industries, Communication industries, Electrical Industries and Mechanical firms has been increasing day by day. But, the supply of quality of Engineers and Techno crafts is meager and hence the above point to be concentrated.
The match factories, printing industries, crackers companies, cotton mills, packaging industries in and around Sivakasi, Sattur, Virudhunagar, Srivilliputhur, Rajapalayam require quality Engineers in numerous.
By considering the above facts and findings, the Trust started an Engineering College at Salvarpatti Village by getting approval from AICTE, New Delhi , Anna University of Technology, Tirunelveli, and the Government of Tamilnadu.
Our Board Members
“Engineering makes the impossible possible and ideas into reality”
- To produce Quality Engineers and Technocrats who will play a vital role in the Industrial and Commercial growth of the Nation.
- Qualitative and Quantitative improvement of the Institute through continuous Research and Development activities.
- To advance Intellectual and Social condition of the students through Quality programs in Teaching, Research and Service
- To develop the Entrepreneurship Skill among the students by organizing Entrepreneurship Development programs
- To develop a good rapport with the industries and exchange information on latest technological development, provide training for the faculty, staff and students.
To become a Center of Excellence in Engineering and Technology that is renowned for (RVCE) Research, Values,Competence and Excellence.
- Effective Teaching – Learning processes
- Continuing Education for the working professionals
- Promoting Industry- Institute- Interaction
- Developing Entrepreneurial skills among the students
- Encouraging Co and Extra- Curricular activities
- Conducting Value added programmes